Tuesday, September 11, 2007

apple cinnamon pork chops

I had half of an apple left over from a prior recipe, so I decided to change things up a bit. I make pork chops with applesauce all the time... but this was so much better.

- 2 pork chops
- half a Golden Delicious apple
- ground cinnamon
- chile powder
- 2 cups apple juice
- several tablespoons butter

Dice the apple, then set aside. Sprinkle pork chops with cinnamon and a little bit of chile powder, to taste. Cook pork chops in a skillet, with liberal amounts of butter and apple juice (no oil!)added as necessary to keep them moist. When chops are halfway cooked, add the diced apples to the pan, with another splash of apple juice. Sprinkle them with cinnamon, then cook with the meat until the apples are soft and have browned a bit.


Josh said this was my best meal yet, he liked it as much as my satay burritos (that's a recipe for another day). Victory!

1 comment:

KellytheCulinarian said...

Sounds good -- it's best to stick with the basics, I find it easier to impress with that.